Airfix 1/48 North American Mustang Mk.IV/P-51K Mustang
- 2 x marking options -
- North American Mustang Mk.IV, "Dooleybird", aircraft flown by Flight Lieutenant Athur "Joe" Doley, No.19 Squadron, RAF Acklington, Northumberland, England, late-1945.
- North American P-15K Mustang, No.3 Squadron, RAAF, Lavariano, Italy, July 1945.
- Paint call outs for Humbrol
- Length 205mm, Width 236mm, 136 parts
- Control surfaces are posable
- Cockpit open or closed option
- Option to build Mk.IV or P-51K Mustang
- 2019 boxing of the 2017 new tooled kit
The North American P-51 Mustang is regarded by many as one of the most iconic American Fighters of WWII. Design to fulfil an RAF specification, the Mustang was transformed once the Rolls Royce Merlin engine was installed.
The P-51D models long range & excellent firepower made it a superb escort fighter, able to protect the bombers all the way to Berlin & back. The P-51 is recorded as being the top scoring Allied fighter of the war with 4,950 enemy aircraft destroyed. In 1948 the type designation for the Mustang changed to F-51D & it continued in USAF & RAAF service as a ground attack aircraft through the Korean War.