Border Model 1/35 Tiger I Early Production Sd.Kfz.181 Pz.Kpfw.VI Ausf.E
- 2020 new tooled kit
- Link & length style tracks
- Metal gun barrel & smoke launchers included
- Photo etch parts included
- Barbed wire included
- Wide variety of stowage boxes, ammunition boxes, packages, helmets & other accessories included
- Canvas cover for muzzle included
- Paint call outs for Mig Ammo
- 8 x marking options -
- Schwere Panzerabteilung 502, No.101, Eastern Front, Winter of 1943-44.
- Schwere Panzerabteilung 505, No.111, Eastern Front, Kursk, July 1943.
- Schwere Panzerabteilung 503, No.122, Eastern Front, Kursk, July-August 1943.
- Schwere Panzerabteilung 503, No.123, Eastern Front, Kursk, July-August 1943.
- Schwere Panzerabteilung 505, No.233, Eastern Front, Kursk, July 1943.
- Schwere Panzerabteilung 503, No.323, Eastern Front, Kursk, August 1943.
- 1.SS Panzerregiment, No.1311, Eastern Front, May 1943.
- 2.SS Panzerregiment, No.S02, Eastern Front/Kursk, July 1943.
The Tiger I was a heavy tank used by Germany during WWII that first saw action in 1942 in Africa & against the Soviet Union. These tanks usually operated in independent heavy tank battalions. With its thick armour & powerful long ranged 8.8cm KwK 36 gun the Tiger struck fear into the Allies who faced them in battle with its armour able to deflect much of the incoming fire as well as its gun able to penetrate almost all Allied vehicles.
Despite its armour & weapon the Tiger was not without its drawbacks. Its range was limited by its high fuel consumption & it was also prone to breakdowns & track failures. After August 1944, production of the Tiger I was phased out in favour of the Tiger II.