Hobby Boss 1/35 German Leichter Panzerspahwagen (2cm) Mid Version
- Photo etch included
- Full interior detail
- Single piece gun barrel
- Rubber tyres included
- Paint call outs include - Mr Hobby, Tamiya
- 2017 boxing of the 2009 new tooled kit Tristar kit
- 3 x marking options -
- Kradschuetzen-Btl., Gross Deutschland Panzer Grenadier division, Orel, USSR, 1942.
- 20 Panzer Division, USSR, 1943.
- Bulgarian Army, M222, First Army Armoured Battalion, Hungary, February, 1945.
The Leichter Panzerspahwagen were a series of light four-wheel drive armoured cars produced by Nazi Germany from 1935 to 1944. The rear mounted engine was a 67 kw Horch 3.5 petrol engine, giving it a road speed of 80 km/h & a cross-country speed of 40 km/h. The vehicle had a range of 300 km.
Used by the reconnaissance battalions of the Panzer divisions, the type performed well enough in countries with good road networks, like those in western Europe. However, on the Eastern Front & North Africa, this class of vehicle was hampered by relatively poor off-road performance. In those theaters, it was gradually found itself replaced in the reconnaissance role by the Sd.Kfz.