- Length: 562.8mm, Beam: 87.8mm, Parts: 600 + pcs
- Photo etch included
- Display stand included
- Name plate included
- Full hull versions model
- Flags included
- Paint call outs for - Mr Hobby, Vallejo, Model Master, Tamiya, Humbrol
- 2012 new tooled kit
HMS Queen Elizabeth was launched on 16th October 1913 at Portsmouth & was the lead ship of her class of dreadnought battleships, often used as a flagship. The Queen Elizabeth class were designed to form a fast fleet of powerful modern battleships, armed with 15 inch guns & a speed several knots faster than other battleships of the time.
During WWI she would take part in the Dardanelles campaign to knock the Ottoman empire out of the war where she would serve as flagship. After she would join 5th Battle Squadron of the Grand Fleet but would miss the Battle of Jutland being in dock for maintenance.
Between the wars HMS Queen Elizabeth saw extensive refits & modernisation. Her 6 inch guns were removed as these proved useless, often flooding when at sea, being replaced with 4.5 inch guns in turrets. Other improvements included the fitting of more anti aircraft armament, bulges were added, engines & boilers were replaced, deck armour was increased, the bridge superstructure was replaced with a tower style bridge, an aircraft catapult was added amidships & new fire control fitted.
During WWII she would join the Mediterranean Fleet covering the evacuation of Crete in June 1941. In the Harbour of Alexandria in Egypt, both she & her sister HMS Valiant were mined & damaged by Italian frogmen operating human torpedo craft. After temporary repairs in an Alexandria drydock in June 1942 she would set sail for the US Navy Yard in Norfolk Virginia were she was extensively repaired until June 1943.
After moving to the Home Fleet in July 1943 she would leave to join the Eastern Fleet in December that same year. Queen Elizabeth took part in raids on Japanese bases in the Dutch East Indies & was placed in reserve in August 1948. Finally after serving the Royal Navy in two World Wars she was finally scrapped in July 1948.