- Length: 360.2mm, beam: 48.5mm, parts: 400 + pcs
- Decals included
- Name plate included
- Waterline model
- Photo etch parts included
- Aircraft included - F4F Wildcat, TBD-1 Devastator, SBD-3 Dauntless
- Paint call outs for Mr Hobby, Vallejo, Model Master, Tamiya, Humbrol
- 2017 boxing of the 2006 new tooled kit
USS Yorktown was involved in several tactical exercises after joining the Pacific Fleet in 1939.
Following the attack on Pearl Harbour by the Japanese in December 1941 she became the flagship of carrier Task Force 17 targeting Imperial Japanese Navy garrisons in the Marshal & Gilbert islands in February 1942. Yorktown also engaged Imperial Japanese Navy shipping in the Coral Sea in May 1942.
After returning to Pearl Harbour with severe bomb damage that would take an estimated three months to repair, Yorktown was rushed back to sea after only three days to mount an attack on the Japanese Navy in the Battle of Midway in June 1942.
It was during the Battle of Midway Yorktown would suffer direct hits from Japanese torpedo aircraft. Although not sinking straight away, when attempts at salvage were underway she was finally finished off & capsized after an attack by Japanese submarine.